View Single Post
Unread 03-31-2004, 07:05 PM   #64
|kbn|
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by myv65
Cathar,

No material expert here, either. In going through my book I find that the electrode potential differential from copper to silver is ~0.5V, copper to chromium (stainless surface chromium dioxide) is ~1V, and copper to aluminum is ~2V. All this is at 25°C.

From what you described of that pump, I'm reasonably confident it was a matter of contamination. Nonetheless, if contamination is likely in a typical system then I'd agree stainless ought to be avoided, especially in extremely narrow passageways.
Would this affect my system much? Metals in contact with water = brass, copper, silver. Ive not noticed any corrosion yet but I dont want 0.5v coming from the waterblocks. Also note the silver is not touching any other metal in contact with water.
Maybe this would be god for a new thread, on corrosion testing? If someone could deisgn a test for corrosion, that could be done accuratly, I do have silver, brass, copper, steel, and alu I can test with.

Cathar your xxx block pics look like they will be great performers. Could I have a XXX-SS block once you start making them (Ill supply the silver, got plenty here )
Also how much more jets do you think will be possible to add into that small an area?
Any plans to make GPU versions?

Will you continue making blocks once youve desiged something better for non-reseach purposes (if you ever did?) or will the old designs either get discontinued or licenced to other companys for manufacture? (like D.Tec/WW).

Last edited by |kbn|; 03-31-2004 at 07:14 PM.
|kbn| is offline   Reply With Quote