View Single Post
Unread 10-28-2002, 10:39 PM   #1
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Default Thoughts on remodeling "The Lemon Block"

As I have had "The Lemon Block"

up and running for about 2 weeks strait and was not highly impressed with the temps over the original block that began this experiment.

I have decided to remodel it and make it out of Copper! As I intentionally added air into my hoses to watch the air bubbles flow through the block I noticed it working almost exactly as I though it would!!! Almost all the channels where being used exept a few. The water went through the smaller channels around the pins and exited right into the larger channels around the side and split nicely both ways in to the outlets.

I have the base where the fins sit at 1/4" deep leaving a 1/4" base under it. This I am going to change to 3/8" deep and leaving 1/8" base so the heat can transfer a little more effectivly to all the pins. The outer channel is already 3/8" deep and will remain the same. I might also make fewer pins as I don't thing the outer rows near the barbs on the sides really do much. I think I will just mill those out.

The block still performs rather well, and possible better than anything I have made to date and I think a Copper version will utilize the extra surface area made by the fins.

Comments, suggestion, thoughts???
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote