View Single Post
Unread 07-18-2004, 02:36 PM   #80
Althornin
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMOG
I commend you, as thats the way things ought to best be done if the enthusiast community is going to make any consdireable advancements in the short term. However, its just not the nature of people on the internet.

Everyone wants it easy, and they want it yesterday. It's the overwhelming nature of people on the internet.

I don't see it as though they are making the statement that they think their time is more important. I see it as a statement that they just don't yet care to get their hands dirty with things. They haven't yet fully departed from the outlook of the average computer user - they just want something to work, they don't care to understand it completely, they just want it to do what they want.
Of COURSE it is!
They are unwilling to research themselves - they want the answers given to them - the answers are readily available, but it takes some reading and parsing of information, ie TIME.

Its the same selfishness in general population that leads to huge traffic problems because everyone decides "screw the other guy, my time is more important" and selfishly cuts intot he lane that they KNOW ends in half a mile, because by doing so they can get 4 car lengths ahead by forcing everyone who is behind them to wait while they cut back into the lane they were in.

**** em. (note, this pervasive attitude of selfishness has pretty much permeated society as a whole, and can be seen in almost every situation, imo.)
Althornin is offline   Reply With Quote