View Single Post
Unread 07-18-2004, 02:49 PM   #85
Althornin
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMOG
Is not "**** em" an overwhelmingly selfish, NTM pessimistic/defeatist, battle cry also? We all have our own perspectives though, and from what you said I can definetly understand how you take yours. Ultimately, trying to wrap the mindset of all the users who come here and post crap into one neat little package that explains everything is likely founded in folly.

I'm gonna go have a smoke, quick posting is a fine recipe for disaster, and this thread would do better I hope with a few less people posting and a few more people stopping to think.
Selfish?
No, not really. It is selfish of THEM to think that I, or anyone else, "owes them" any extra time, merely because they think they are worth it.
If you can't see the difference, then perhaps that is your problem...
I don't think its selfish to tell someone "Your time is NOT worth more than mine" - which is what "**** em" is saying - "**** em" if they want me (or some other "expert") to spend extra time on them just because they are too lazy.

The mere fact that you do not see this boggles my mind, and explains (imo) why you think the way you do.
you seem to think that the time is "owed" to these newbs who are lazy - and i ask you, then, "WHY?" Because that is the only way "**** em" could be considered selfish. Did you even read and understand what i wrote, or did you focus in on my last statement, take it out of context, and attempt to imply a meaning that never existed to it? Because the latter appears to be the truth, or you'd have understood that the "em" is those who think thier time is worth more than someone else's, and that saying "**** em" is more saying "they are wrong".

I suggest you follow your own advice from your last line next time, because the mere idea of having to post what i just did boggles my mind and makes me want to cry.
Althornin is offline   Reply With Quote