View Single Post
Unread 09-05-2003, 01:22 PM   #12
g.l.amour
Cooling Savant

thx for all the input ppl;

@jsimmons; the rad i'd like to put in front (if dimensions allow it), is like 5/3 the size of the dtek HC so that little crevice at the bottom wouldn't quite cut it, i should think.

@BE; go the way you think you need to go but realize this, it is hard to think upfront how you want your cooling to be, do u want a non-oc quiet system, a super oc loud, or a super oc/silent. the first two you can install in a smallish full tower, the last (which i happen to love the most, but loves dual rad setups) needs a cube, that is almost a conditio sine qua non. if you say portability is not important, you can go for the lian - coolermaster - yy big server. that should make you very happy. i'd like to try the most compact/performant casemod in my short history. i will try to make it so that it can be turned upside down without leaking.

@shiltz; your solution has crossed my mind, but if the front bezel would have been without a curve that would have been a no-brainer. ofcourse i haven't seen it from closeby but as i read kev's black ice, his front mod looks the slightest bit ghetto, and i've had enough ghetto cases for a whole life to fill. so mano a mano, what do you think, if u could pick between a perfectly executed grille mod of duct mod, which would you pick? which would suit the wavy front best?

my inspiration for the grille mod comes from this chap, this should be graduate modding school knowledge if u ain't seen it already. this page is about the grille specifically, but the entire article is quite inspiring, chk this guy's paint finish, its very impressive:
http://www.neima.com/en7237mod10.shtml