View Single Post
Unread 09-07-2003, 09:44 AM   #19
Blackeagle
Thermophile

I've got to say I've been learning the hard way about installing/routing a water cooling system.

Iwaki pump, 2-342 rad, and large 3/4L res make for a lot of space used. Even in a PC 76 which I thought could hold anything with room to spare. Fact is that Lian Li could hold it all, but I don't care for the compromises and modding it would need to do it.

So I'm going to now build a secondary case to mount the PC-76 on top of. It will hold the pump, rad with quad fans, res. Will leave the case interior a lot more open, so air flow should be great. And a lot fewer case fans this way. Should make for a much quieter, and cooler solution.

Just going to be a damned tall solution @ around 3 ft. +. And I'd already ordered a couple things I would have needed for the original plan before I changed my mind, and of course I don't need them now.

Live and learn.

edit: I also note I errored in the first post above. I should have posted #3 for which mod I like best, not #2. Should look really good while saving a strip of metal for the lock and added stiffening for the door.

One thing is sure, should be a really nice set up, which ever way you go. If you do decide to remove the lock and then reinstall it, could you takes some pics of that? One reason I'd go with #3 is I'd be rather nervous about me doing that much rebuilding of a expensive case. Would like to see how it's done, I cant' visualize it in my mind.

Last edited by Blackeagle; 09-07-2003 at 09:54 AM.
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote