View Single Post
Unread 03-16-2004, 09:50 AM   #50
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

If it's any help... Bill is THE pioneer of testing. Dismiss him all you want, but he's more than qualified to talk about what he does. That aside, yes, he'll occasionally jump to conclusions, but there's always something wise in his words, if you can put the negativity aside, as all people who run a Forum have done (hence the warning: "Beware, he's grumpy!").

Bill's left his testing days behind, as he was invited to join the Swiftech team last year (and now tests for them). Whatever Swiftech did before Bill joined, is irrelevant here.

The other reason that referred you to the testing Forum (you have to dig up the older threads) is because you can quickly find out that motherboard temperature readings are grossly innacurate. Testing is a LOT more complicated than it looks like.

In this particular case, you could use a heat die (and temp probe) as well as a temp probe within the cold plate, and a controlled cooling solution. You can compare the results to your TEC's expected response curve, and see for yourself the real results: the actual efficiency, then compare it to a water cooled solution.

I haven't even come close to approaching TEC testing, but I started a website for water cooled testing (in my sig).

Let me put everyone's comments into a perspective that would give you a better idea of why ProCooling is around: Would you be able to control the TEC so that it maintains a CPU temp of say, 5 deg C, no matter what the CPU is doing?
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote