View Single Post
Unread 07-03-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

Default Re: Bit of a Storage upgrade (Maybe even a review?)

3 things to note:

1 of the seagate 7200.12 disks failed 2 days after installing it... already have the replacement in hand from Seagte... but that was unfortunate.

The Areca card uses some fancy electronics to do the Global activity LED... if your case LED isnt of the right electronic spec, it wont detect it right and just light up solid or not at all. I had to replace one of the Blue LED's in the case with a green one from another case to get it to work right. Areca said the card isnt meant for consumer cases and is meant more for full out server cases which I guess dont use blue LEDs. They claim there is a known issue with those and this card. I even tried putting some 1K Ohm resistors in line with the LED to see if that helped.

Other than that the Areca card is bad ass. Ohh yeh and it dropped in price by $100, the DAY after I had it delivered. Grrr!!!

And the Antec case... had something fall on the front of it... which is why in the pic you can see that the top ledge of the case plastic is cracked in half and the bottom peice is busted... I am talking to Antec to try and buy a new front part of the case.

ProCooling archive curator and dusty skeleton.

Last edited by Joe; 07-03-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote