View Single Post
Unread 05-12-2003, 11:26 AM   #4
tot31
Cooling Neophyte

Well phill you should be lucky getting room temp at 20c..like my case I live in a very hot country. My room temp is 33-36C so it's damn hot.I just setup a w/c system in rig and the case I use is the same as yours tt xaser II and i don't read temps from my mobo nor mbm5, i use the hardcano probe the one came with the case.

At first I was like you afraid to mix water and electric so after a big thinking I told myself what the heck just try it out. If you're in condition like I am now to get a very decent temp for cpu is really pain in the A**....I was using SLK800 with smartfan2 and damn the fan was very loud although was running it not at full speed only 4100rpm and temps was 48c idle 58c load running my AXP1700+ @2.4Ghz with 1.75V...

I started research on w/c in the net, went through various forums and procooling is one of them...then I decided which block, pump and rad to use.Since here in my country i.e Malaysia it's hard to get w/c kit and to order to US the shipping charges is insane.. but luckily Dangerden got 1 distributor here and he just brought in inly 5 units of maze3. I quickly grab one and bought an eheim 1048 pump here and went to a rad shop asked them to make me a heatercore as we don't have any heatercore here... a hot country no need for heatercore ...we use airconds only

I requested the shop to make me 2 pass triple row heater core with dimendion 8"x6.5"x2"..I had to mod my xaser II to get the heatcore inside...I managed getting my w/c system up...

Conclusion......now very happy that my sys is a silent pc no more vacumm cleaner nor jet engine sound......Now I'm getting idle41C and load 50C with the same setup.....and as a bonus I can now get my WinXP to boot with 2.5Ghz with 1.825V..before...it won't.....if you ever decided to get into w/c do a research, ask around that's really help...

Here's my sys specs

AXP1700DL3TC 0310WPMW (2.4Ghz 12x200fsb)
Abit NF7 v.20 Bios 11
2x256 DDR400 Mushkin HighPerf Level II) 2-2-2-5
2x40G Maxtor HDD
2x18G Seagate SCSI HDD
Triplex Millenium GF4 Ti4200 64Meg (290/610)
Asus 16x DVD Drive
TDK 48/24/48 CDRW

Here's my pics for the w/c
Pic1
Pic2
Pic3

Pls copy and paste the url as it won't give direct link...
tot31 is offline   Reply With Quote