View Single Post
Unread 04-19-2005, 10:59 AM   #226
Marci
Cooling Savant

Quote:
maybe, once this is a shipping product, it might make sense to also provide a stick-on template with screw holes and rectangular opening already cut out. That'd let semi-new'bs figure out where to mount the rad, and, after drilling just one or two holes, be able to test-mount the rad/shroud/fan inside the case - and if they'd figured wrong, they'd just have a screw hole or two in the wrong place(es) rather than a big rectangular hole. Shouldn't add to cost of goods much.
Doubt I could stirr up the enthusiasm required to produce a stickybacked template... or the budget at the moment... however, will defintitely do the usual PDF download-&-print-fer-yerselves template as I did with the HE series... then if folks really want it sticky backed they can just go buy some sticky paper for their printer.

I like to force folks to do SOME of the work themselves Encourages them to do their research properly... and also makes em learn from their mistakes... s'how it was when I had to learn about all this stuff
Marci is offline   Reply With Quote