View Single Post
Unread 03-08-2005, 04:20 PM   #2
LopeDogg
Cooling Neophyte

Default Omgomg!

i just had a brainwave...
i took 2 15w pumps, and attatched them to each other facing opposite directions... the theory is their vibrations would be out of phase and cancel each other out.
i got slightly confusing results, i tried them both facing the same way, then suddenly, there was no vibration.
then i remembered reading somewhere "these types of pumps will spin in a "random" direction when you turn them on, some of them rattle when spinning one way, just turn it off and on till it makes less noise"

so i had them secured to each other, facing the same way, and i tried turning the power on and off
sometimes id get vibration from the pair, other times...... NO VIBRATION
awesome.

this makes me want to get 2 of those little 5W pumps and use one for the radiator and one for the cooling loop.
but those 5w pumps are ridiculously quiet in any case, and the minor vibrations they make shouldnt really propagate if decoupled...
but its something to ponder.
peace

EDIT:
its so much fun
ive got them joined together with an elastic band, i pull them apart and they vibrate in my hands, then i let them go together, and the vibration stops *g*

definitely worthwhile on a system big pumps
u can just have a button, where while u hold it it cuts the power to one of the pumps... so u press the button till there is no vibration.
it also means if ur too lazy to press the button or u dont do it, u get double the vibration, whatever that means

peace

Last edited by LopeDogg; 03-08-2005 at 04:30 PM.
LopeDogg is offline   Reply With Quote