View Single Post
Unread 12-30-2002, 09:47 AM   #323
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Yesterday's progress:

I finished shaping the window, but I haven't glued it yet, because I may need to be able to slip my fingers in there!

I cut a 1 1/4 piece of tube, and tried to glue it with the (above) "Plastic Welder" to the cold side inlet, but the connecting point was the polypropylene 3/4 barb (inside), and the glue just wouldn't stick to it. On the plus side, I didn't need a clamp to join the elbow to the tube, so I opted to use Goop only, and forego the clamp. Also, the "Plastic Welder" bonded with the polycarbonate in a chemical reaction, which is the best one can hope.

So after lining everything up, I ended up using the Goop to connect the tube to the (screw in) inlet adapter, and fixing the tube, elbow and all.

I also had to shape/trim that 1 1/2 barb, to be able to slip the bigger tube over it, but again, I didn't glue it, since I had already found out that the "Plastic Welder" had no effect on polypropylene.

The next step is to send off a piece of Polycarbonate to Fixittt, for a prototype. In the mean time, I can finish the top (inner tube, and block top) and run some flow tests.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote