View Single Post
Unread 12-29-2009, 05:02 PM   #32
audit
Cooling Neophyte

Re: Snap Server 4500 - No OS installed. :doh:

That's the problem, they won't pay to have things fixed like this, they expect me to do that for them and my job counts on it.

There's GOT to be a way to get it up and running and I've googled myself to death trying to figure out a way to get it running again. I had a good backup and restored all the data to another server so we're running on that but starting xmas eve, the server started rebooting for no reason, I went in on xmas and spent the entire day trying to figure out why and all I saw in the logs was the force start the fan. But system status said the fans were ok. I took the cover off and used the aircan to make sure all the dust was cleaned out of the server and it was steady for about 1/2 day and then back to rebooting for no reason again, saying power outage but non of the other servers that are plugged into the same UPS had the same issue.

I've called every person I know to see if I can borrow their 1st drive to get this up and running again and everyone has moved away from SNAP's and gone to SANS's because of the problems they were having with them.

I found a 4400 on ebay but I just can't afford to purchase it myself right now due to my family's health problems and bills, otherwise I'd buy that real fast and use that drive to image fix this one.

Is there anyway that you can PM me on how to fix this issue, I'll paypal you up to a certain amount if we come up with the number that matches what you'd like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix32 View Post
If your OS is blown, as it appears it is, then you need to pay Overland (or someone like myself) to get a drive up and running the OS again.

phoenix32x@hotmail.com
audit is offline   Reply With Quote