View Single Post
Unread 01-04-2010, 12:36 PM   #37
audit
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: Snap Server 4500 - No OS installed. :doh:

Well it's not memory and I thought that it could be the 1st GIG port because it went into a reboot loop after I put in the new memory and a seed drive with a fresh GuardianOS on it. Once I plugged into the second GIG port then I was find and everything looked like it was copying to all the drives and then it rebooted again and now it seems like at times, with no Ethernet cable plugged in, it was able to stay up, but as soon as Ethernet was plugged in then it rebooted.

Now here's where I hope I didn't make a major mistake, I wiped all 4 drives in the system, put the new drive in slot one and booted it up but all the other drives were in the system also. I made the mistake of leaving the drives in instead of pulling them out. BUT the system came online with GIG 2 plugged in and once I assigned it the IP address and renamed it, it rebooted like I knew it would. But now it doesn't want to come up at all with Ethernet plugged in or not. Sometimes it comes up and sometimes it doesn't. I tried with just the seed drive in and no Ethernet and it comes up and will sometimes stay up for awhile but then other times it reboots, I've tried with just the seed drive in and ethernet but it won't stay up, just rebooting.

Now I'm lost and don't know where to go from here. I'm thinking about taking the other 3 drives out and wiping them again, although it takes all day on the only desktop that I have available to me and I don't see it when I attach it to an external USB drive and booting using the UltimateBootCD. It only see's it if plugged into the cable on the VERY old desktop.

I still have 1 seed drive that I just put in without the other 3 drives, it booted up but in recovery console mode when I got to the web interface, I hit reboot with just the seed drive in. Nothing else and have been waiting 20 minutes for it to come back up, not even a light on the drive and nothing on the monitor. Should I let it sit like this all day/night and see if it's back up when I come in tomorrow and then if I can get to the main web interface, put the other 3 drives in and let them sync?

Last edited by audit; 01-04-2010 at 01:29 PM.
audit is offline   Reply With Quote