View Single Post
Unread 01-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #39
audit
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: Snap Server 4500 - No OS installed. :doh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue68f100 View Post
Now with the network cable working as switch, have you used different cables and ports to confirm them good.
Tried different cables and different ports on the switch, no dice.

Quote:
If I recall NiC port 2 is used if a static is assign to nic1. I had to use nic2 on mine when I first got it. After I reset it to pull a IP address from DHCP server, I have not looked back.
The drives I got were factory DHCP so nic1 didn't have a static, I found both nic1 and nic2 in my DHCP on my Domain Controller's DHCP console.

Quote:
Have you removed your exp cards and reseat all hardware, ram, cpu, disconnect and reconnect to insure a good connection.
Pulled everything out, went through about 8 air cans cleaning anything out and looking for anything lose.

At this point, I'm just waiting to hear what my boss wants to do next and hope the hammer doesn't fall on me. We all know that when a hardware failure happens like a power supply, memory or Motherboard, there's nothing that's going to tell us that it's about to fail so we can get it fixed before something like this happens. I just don't have the people above me that understand that.
audit is offline   Reply With Quote