View Single Post
Unread 10-25-2002, 10:00 AM   #164
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Ok, here's a recap:

We have a final fin pattern, a base material (C110), a socket mounting solution, a top design, a cube-res design (Utabintarbo is drafting it)...

I just gave Utabintarbo the exterior dimensions of the block, which I think should be 52.4 mm by 52.4mm, which is as wide as the socket. This leaves out the socket tab mounts.

Mounting this thing with springs, it seems that the mounting holes have changed from 0.230 inch to 0.150 inch. The spacing of the holes is clear, but I'm looking for the relative position to the socket. AMD specs no longer include mounting holes. clamping force is as specified earlier, so 1/4 max load per spring.

Yo_duh87: Windshield wiper fluid is for phase 3. Note that methanol is hazardous, and shouldn't be used unless one knows exactly what precautions need to be taken.

Utabintarbo, go for C110 (actually C11000).

MadDogMe: I realize that they're soft. Re-reading AMD specs, the pads are 1.9 mm thick, and the core is somewhere around 0.8 to 0.88, so if the core is going to live, they have to squish down. AMD specs also call for a mount that applies a longitudinal load across the core, with no less than +/- 1.5 mm in deviation. I think we're OK, but I'll have to check.

Gone_fishin: nice link!
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote