View Single Post
Unread 07-20-2007, 02:25 PM   #28
Phoenix32
Thermophile

Default Re: Guardian OS units

In case this may help someone trying to put a Guardian unit together...

I saw and add on eBay where a guy was selling a couple bare drives (no sleds) for a 4500. This got me to thinking... Hey, I have a couple drives I pulled, and even a couple spare sleds that might help someone trying to get a Guardian unit up and running (missing parts etc).

I have a couple 250 GB drives (one Seagte and one WD) I pulled from a working SNAP 4500 with OS 4.4 to upgrade to larger hard drives. I had a couple spare sleds, so I just used those. I know the drives will work in a SNAP 4400, 4200, or 4500, but the sleds will only work in a 4200/4500. I cannot speak for other units.

These are not new drives, probably a couple years old, but they did pass a Spintrite 6 run without problems. I have no use for them and maybe one of you guys is looking for one or two drives to upgrade your Guardian unit. I did not waste the time to zero the drives, so you will have to wipe it/them yourself to remove the OS and it's partition.

If you want them, with or without the sleds, send me an e-mail with an offer and maybe I can help you out. phoenix32x@hotmail.com

I only have the 2, so first come, first serve (or best offers considered first). If not, no big deal, off to my spare parts bin they go. If you want the sled(s) also, keep in mind those are not cheap and very hard to find.

NO, this is not some sales pitch or using the forum as a sales venue. I just thought about it and decided I would offer them to this community since so many people seem to always be trying to aquire parts and stuff and I have extra. Please don't make a big deal out of it or turn it into a circus.

Also, if you are not in the continental US, be warned, the shipping would be brutal. Sorry, but not my fault.

Hope I can help...

1 x Snap 110
5 x Snap 410
3 x Snap 520

2 x Sanbloc S50

Drives from 250GB to 2TB (PATA, SATA, and SAS)

GOS v5.2.067

All subject to change, day by day......

Last edited by Phoenix32; 07-23-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Phoenix32 is offline   Reply With Quote