View Single Post
Unread 01-19-2004, 04:16 PM   #38
iroc409
Cooling Savant

the link was one of the images from the 2nd post or whatever from first page, the passive aluminum tube radiator (finned tubes).

i've been thinking about my idea a little more, and i think i've come up with a solution i can live with. build the finned tube radiator on top of the case instead of the side, and use the 80mm blowhole built into the top of the case. granted, it's not a lot of airflow, but would probably greatly improve the heat transfer.

if the pipes were mounted widthwise, it would be much prettier to plumb, but lengthwise could manage the airflow considerably better, but the plumbing would be a lot nicer the other way. also, there would be more tubes in parrallel, so the water flow would probably be less that way.

eh?

oh yeah, anyone online that might sell that finned aluminum stock?

and you still could have a fairly nice "block" style rad built for the top, and build it to use the air a little better (and could be made to match well), but the machining would be insane methinks for that kinda work. so it's probably not a very viable solution, unless someone here wants to attempt it on their own equipment.