View Single Post
Unread 09-11-2005, 03:15 PM   #137
starbuck3733t
Cooling Savant

Part I: "Industrial Black"
When this project was started in 2003 (yes, 2003, around February/March time, with the first photo-documented post being on August 31st, 2003), I conceived it as being a "black monolith" when off... In fact, the project was nearled called "Project Monolith", so it may not come to those who have followed the project since its inception to see a non-bling type paint job. Flat black was chosen to go with the industrial feel of the mod... after all, when was the last time you saw shiny gloss paint on industrial equipment? The shiny parts are usually on the inside, well lubricated, and working well together, and this mod is no different. From the polished gloss black shroud to the polished aluminum fans, to the gloss black and crinkle black powdercoating, this case screams industrial.

On to the show, already in progress...

The bottom has been primed and will probably get black paint tonight (shortly after I finish posting this )

Flat black: the anti-bling (a close-up of the top shell of the case.)

Again, with mesh integration into the top panel. You'll get an overall shot when it's finished drying.

The front bezel, same drill: FLAT BLACK, but will get the some gray plexi top-half, as seen here.

And a little trick I came up with to keep dust and other back-yard under-deck crap out of fresh paint. Put a box over it, but with the ends open so the solvents can still evaporate out of the paint.

To be continued...
Goliath: 3.4E@3.91/Abit IC7, Maze4 (temporarily) + custom splitter to crazy 4-way watercooling parallel loop: X800XT @ 520/1280 + AC Twinplex, AC Twinplex Northbridge, Silenstar Dual HDD Cooler, Eheim1250, '85 econoline van HC + 2x120, 1x120 exhaust - polished aluminum frame panaflo L1As, 2x18GB 10K RPM U160 SCSI, 4GB PC4000.

I wanna be BladeRunner when I grow up!

Project Goliath - nearing completion.

Last edited by starbuck3733t; 09-11-2005 at 09:35 PM.
starbuck3733t is offline   Reply With Quote