View Single Post
Unread 06-06-2005, 09:33 PM   #101
Arnold
Cooling Neophyte

I am on my second watercooling rig, both of which were cheap kits. The second (and current) kit has been nothing but trouble. It is a Kingwin AWC-1 . My first one leaked internally where the pump/res connected to the internal radiator. The second one quit pumping after two weeks. The third one quit pumping last week (95 days after first purchase) and I refuse to get another one. I was wondering how I could hook this up with a csp-mag and get it to work again (also which type pump (t or r) and fittings I can make fit the tubes it comes with.) I can disable the siren for the pump (said siren Kingwin thoughtfully provide in their pump/res {wonder if that was because they knew pump was faulty and didn't want to pay for ruined systems}) but was wondering what the best option would be, replace the main rad unit, replace res/pump, or just install one of these inline. I work for a heat transfer company (mgr of a call center for modine) so I know quite a bit about vehicle heat transfer but it doesn't relate when you are talking about cpu cooling. I want to use both the cpu and gpu blocks, and use both radiators, so what would be the optimal flow pattern, right now its mainrad/res/pump ---gpu----cpu---aux rad---back to main.
oops I forgot to mention I am using a distilled water/ and manufacture provided antifreeze mix. (their term for the additive, I assume its a standard anti-algea mix.)
I also wonder what you recommend for coloring that wouldn't void my warranty and what coolant you require for warranty.

Last edited by Arnold; 06-06-2005 at 09:44 PM.
Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote