View Single Post
Unread 06-20-2005, 05:31 PM   #119
Cathar
Thermophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Had a some time today, and I tested 10 different pumps using a RBX block this time, just as Lee did.

Lowest pump was still 5.8L/M

Only thing I can figure now, is Lee had some particles in his block.
This happened to me when testing a TDX block once, turned out to be hair.
Maybe Lee was using 3/8 ID fittings?

I also tested our flow meter, using a 19L water bottle, and it seems fine.

Sorry can not explain Lee's 5.2 L/M numbers

If someone else wants to test, I will send them a pump.

It maybe no big deal, but we want to make sure our claimed performance numbers are correct.
Since the pump doesn't ship with barbs the performance is always going to be subject to whatever barbs the end-user fits. Not all barbs are created equal with some 1/2" OD barbs I've seen having an ID about the same as a 3/8" OD barb.

G1/4 is incidentally the same as 1/4" BSP, well at least for me 1/4" BSP threaded male barbs fit just fine.

My pump arrived yesterday but it must've been knocked during shipping quite severely as when I turned it on it had a very loud rapid ticking noise that was loud enough to drown out the noise of a 12cm Panaflo L1A that I turned on for comparison.

Pulled the pump apart, inspected it, and reseated the impeller assembly carefully and noticed a significant amount of stiction with its contact with the bearings, so sadly it seems that this pump has been damaged in transit. After careful re-assembly the noise quietened down a good deal but the ticking noise is still significant above the very quiet "hum" that other users of this pump describe as is typical.

Dave has been in contact with me and we're having the issue resolved. From what I have seen of the pump it is definitely a very nice pump, and I look forward to seeing the best it has to offer...
Cathar is offline   Reply With Quote