View Single Post
Unread 10-09-2003, 11:41 AM   #9
Zogthetroll
Cooling Savant

next, a shot from the back of the pc showing it mostly assembled. gotta love the mess of wiring i had to deal with there. that alone is probably the reason i don't think i'll ever make myself a clear pc (as awesome as this turned out, imho). i have too much custom stuff in my work pc or is currently being added to it, and i prefer to hide wiring and the like, which is all but impossible with a clear case. i decided to make my own rounded cable since i was kinka on a budget here. (lets see, ide cable for $0.20 plus time spent to cut the wires apart and wrap them or $8 for a prerounded cable, hmmm) i wanted to see how easy it was or not after seeing a how-to on the internet. obviously not a professional looking job, but i had fun, and they turned out pretty good, plus they still work as intended. hehehe. also on this pic, my single most time consuming mistake on this project involved motherboard placement. simply put, when i measured how far from the back to place the motherboard, i forgot to add in the 1/4" overlap with the back panel, putting the motherboard too close to the back to be able to mount my scavened pci rack neatly under the i/o plate. more on that later. if you look real closely under the power supply you'll notice a wire coming down from that. one really annoying thing i found out was that the ps fan was run at 7 volts, not good when you're needing that as an output fan. so i ran wiring to the system fan jack on the motherboard and its much better now, i even have fan speed monitoring on it. bonus!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg computer05.jpg (34.8 KB, 250 views)

Last edited by Zogthetroll; 10-09-2003 at 12:04 PM.
Zogthetroll is offline   Reply With Quote