View Single Post
Unread 04-06-2002, 06:56 PM   #157
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally posted by Sherlock

Xp1800+@ xp2100+ voltage is 1.85v. Fsb is 215 (epox 8k3a+ [kt333] with corsair xms2400@3.2v w/ heastspreaders+AS3. I room temp is 68F. All I am able to monitor is cpu via the mobo as I have not invested in a external probe. Was upgrading from a maze2 and so far am seeing 1-2c difference. Have applied pressure to block to see if mounting was ok. No difference in results.
Do you have any air moving near the socket/water block (any airflow what so ever in the case)? My Epox boards are extreamly sensitive to airflow around the socket. I had a little 15CFM fan on mine blowing down on the little heat sinks and it dropped my onboard temps by 10C which was room temp!!! Yet my external probe stayed the same. That is why an external is needed for accurate results and I will not listen to anyone trying to make a case untill that is done.

And did the Maze 2 raise ot lower the temps 1-2C? If it lower it that automatically makes the Z4 worth less money.

Non the less you got a nice looking system there. If it works don't worry about it. If you buy from CPUFX again you are supporting everything that is wrong in the business world today. If that is not clear by the time you read this thread then there is nothing more to be said.

PEOPLE read the whole thread before commenting on it please, not just the first post.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote