View Single Post
Unread 05-12-2003, 03:54 PM   #5
phill9700
Cooling Savant

well..

i was considering to try water cooling, but im not sure on what benefits i would see from it, unless i wanted to overclock the cpu like crazy!!
im awaiting some corsair twinx memory and i would like to see how far i can take it with air cooling, i know i will have to use a little more voltage to get it to go higher should it start 'not working' but thats about all i know!!
im hoping to hit 2.2ghz to anywhere above really. im going to order another xp1700 chip, like the one you are using and then see if that goes higher, i will also be buying an nf7-s board as well to see how far that goes, as i have been hearing that the epox and abit boards are the best bar none for overclocking..
hopefully i should get my ram soon, i cant wait to be playing about with that!!
what is the safe limit i should go with the voltage with my cpu? i was going to try it at no more than 1.75v but could i go higher?
my aims arent too high i dont think.. 2.2ghz+ for the cpu speed and in 3dmark 2001se with my 9700 pro im wanting 18k, with that, i will be more than happy.. anything else is just a bonus..
would water cooling really helpmy overclocking if things dont go to plan? where would i go to find out more information? are water cooling kits easy to put together? what types of liquid are used?
i tried to see your pics, but i couldnt get them to work, you said about copying and pasting the url, but when i did that it came up, forbidden access and didnt go any further.. im not sure as to what you are meaning there... :shrug: sorry
with water cooling, could i get the temps better than what i have at the moment? as this would be the hole point in doing something like this.. running at higher speeds with a cooler temp would be great!! thanks for the help!
IBM Deskstar 80gig ata100 hard drive
Pioneer dvd-rom/dvd-rw
Xaser 2 case modded with 120mm side fan
Thermalright SLK-900U + 92mmm Tornado fan
Vantec 205SL Fan controller (controlling the 120mm fan and Tornado)
Enermax 460W PSU
Geforce 3 Ti 200 64mb
phill9700 is offline   Reply With Quote