Thread: New daughter
View Single Post
Unread 02-27-2004, 10:31 AM   #121
Kerbie
Cooling Neophyte

Brian,

I don't even know how to begin. I'm so terribly sorry that this happened to you. I feel for you man.
This past decemeber (29th) my mom, a 42 yr old healthy woman, suddenly had a stroke. It happened just after she moved back in with me and my brother. We had been living with our dad and she had been living alone for the past 4 years. Anyway, i know exactly what you mean by "no one there". I looked at my mom in the hospital and she couldnt say a word. She could barely move her arm. It was probably the most terrifying thing i have ever experienced.
I'm happy to say that she has made a tremendous recovery. Her speach is pretty much back to normal. She has her motor skills back and the majority of her memory. She still sometimes mixes up our names, but i can live with that.
I wish nothing but the best for you buddy. I'm not the praying type, but i'm gonna hope to god anyway that your wife makes a speedy recovery!

A little bit of advice, make her laugh! And I'm very serious about that. You mentioned that she "doesn't seem to have any emotions/initiative/personality", well laughter will cure at least one of those. I stongly believe that my mom made a speedy recovery because she had the ability to laugh. Whenever she got frustrated about not being able to do something. instead of giving up, or getting mad, she laughed at it. When your wife starts doing that, then you know she's on the track to recovery.

Kevin Carbotte,
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
Kerbie is offline   Reply With Quote