View Single Post
Unread 04-15-2005, 09:16 AM   #5
pHaestus
Big Player
Making Big Money

It feels like there is less going on because there IS. At least officially. We get a lot more posters and lurkers-who-come out to play when I am posting articles and reviews and driving traffic this way. And when I don't the whole site slows back down to the current level. On a positive note it never seems to really DIE and it doesn't cost much to run so we seem to be ok with these periodic holding patterns caused by real life.

I really need another 2-3 people actively writing articles as staffers but the readers demand such a high level for the content (and rightfully so) that it is hard to find someone who can regularly put together solid content but that doesn't run their own site already. The way I see it, having a staffer who is regularly doing projects, building wcing parts, machining/milling/etc, someone else interested in quiet/silent cooling, someone to do the testing (currently pH), and someone who is an expert in electronics (currently Brian) makes a pretty robust staff. As it is, we have the expertise now in you guys but it's spread out in the forum threads rather than concentrated into articles.

Is that even a bad thing? Everyone wants to see the site grow, but really it doesn't need to grow much in terms of revenues atm. It'd be nice to see the procooling name everywhere again but my ego isn't so large...

I haven't been using the Pro/Geeks concept as effectively as I should because it's such a pita to format and post reviews in Net Objects Fusion. One day we will rebuild the site in PHP/SQL and make it easy to edit/update/manage. That day is not today.

One thing I COULD do is give some of the regular forums contributors subdomains and a pro/staff subforum. It seems like (off top of my head): BobKoure, JayDee, and incoherent are pretty regularly posting something that is of interest to all our readers and regular forum posters.