View Single Post
Unread 03-17-2005, 12:31 AM   #127
Cathar
Thermophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marci
Is that shroud seriously correct??? Really want Cathar's input on this seeing as it's the spec he came up with... IMO, 160x160 is still a tad large tho in terms of ability to mount in a case.
The radiator itself looks fantastic! Excellent work.

The fan that I suggested that be matched with was the Papst 4412FGL, while the ThermoChill 120.2 in comparison was using a pair of Papst 4312L fans.

The shroud really only needs to be 15 degrees off the vertical, but 12.5 degrees is fine too. That figure, however, is an "optimal" shroud depth - meaning that is as good as it gets. Could happily get away with a 45 degree angle and only sacrifice maybe 5% of air-flow performance - heck - it may even be less than that. I mentioned the 15 degree angle thing purely because that is an industry accepted ideal. If the shroud is going to be obstructional, which it clearly appears to be in your small tower case, then by all means make it smaller.

I had originally envisaged that such a radiator would be placed in the lower front of a case, and the shroud would just be deep enough to suit.
Cathar is offline   Reply With Quote