View Single Post
Unread 12-03-2004, 06:30 PM   #7
Maximilium
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered
if the output of one of the hall effect sensors is removed from the control circuit, the pump WILL become unreliable
Just like greenman100 said, I didnt removed any hall sensor output, that will bork the pump. I may update original post to make this clear, I spliced the yellow cable to solder at the cable itself, if you solder directly to the hall sensor you may burn it.

I have been runing this mod for about a week without any problems (brand new pums) and, I have allready 2 pumps(mcp600) runing on my working computer for a year without any problems.

But I have to make 1 thing clear, I only know basic electronics (in other words I don't know how to use a ociloscope ), I just followed the step by step guide from Spiv guide www.pc-workshop.net . First I tried the mod with a 2 cable single fan, after that I made the decition to try it on the New AquaXtreme pumps for my next computer I am building, and I am testing it as I write this.

If for any reason anyone with a lot of electronic knoledge think this mod is bad for the hall sensor at the pump, pleace, let me know why and if there is a safe way to do it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0682.JPG (129.5 KB, 70 views)

Last edited by Maximilium; 12-03-2004 at 07:32 PM. Reason: test picture
Maximilium is offline   Reply With Quote