View Single Post
Unread 11-29-2004, 10:08 PM   #13
muffy
Cooling Neophyte

well it uses 4 T.E.C thremo electric coolers . they work by transfefring heat from one side to the other which means you can run below 0c with enough power. i went for 4 under powered TEC's to gain electrical efficiency ( other wise TEC use billings of watts ) and of cause more TEC should also mean lower temp with the use of more watts, it runs on 2 black ice extreme radiators and a 20cm X 22.5cm active heat sink ( which is also cooling the water ) . interestingly enough if i put one water block directly onto the CPU ( not using the TEC's ) my pc can run with NO fans running while playing quake 3.

in the post i replied to JFettig you can see the PSU's i used in the top 2 bays. if your wondering what all the led is for ( theres more you can't see ) other than make my pc more than 35 kg's it's because with all these high-ish watts running though my pc i was getting induced current, meaning all the voltages weren't stable, however the biggest reason for it was the flicker it put on the screen ( though induced current ) which meant i couldn't play my favourite games any more, cause it made me sick in about 20 minutes. so in went the led and now it's all sweet ass.
muffy is offline   Reply With Quote