View Single Post
Unread 06-16-2004, 09:02 AM   #2
starbuck3733t
Cooling Savant

THE DISASTER:

Awful. crap. my first time with fiberglass, what else would you expect? I decided it would still be best to make it out of fiberglass after talkign with the great Spiv for a while. So my second attempt was much, much better. still not perfect, but not the wobbly mess my first try was.

That is a pretty good picture, it doesn't show the surface variations too much. The surface was quite rough, due to not being completely saturated with fiberglass resin or something like that... at least that's what Spiv said I tried evening out the surface with bondo spot filler. it was working, but my bondo skills suck. After 3 weeks of trying to work the surface down to perfection for a nice mirror paint job, i thought i was pretty well off. I started spraying with high-build primer and RAGE TOOK OVER MY BODY :devious:. There were things i couldn't see that the primer was showing me, lots of tiny, tiny bubbles holes in the surface. I got on AIM (StarbuckNTX if you want to babble to me) and blew off some steam to Spiv. The conversation went something like "I'm going to throw this ****ing thing out the window!" to Spiv saying that if i mailed it to him, he'd make it good. So i did!

And then there was a great hiatus in the project. I moved from 17701 to 16823 (just a few minutes from Penn State, GO LIONS!). During this time I bought a DEAD Abit IT7 max off of The Agora, a dead one. The northbridge was in seveal pieces because the seller never told me it had an aftermarket HSF EPOXYIED to hit,and it must have been damaged in shipping. I also got a P4 2.66 that the seller ran in an IT7 at 3.0GHz at default Vcore, air cooled. Also bought some clear PVC pipe for my reservior, as well as a dangerden maze 4 and radeon 9700 block, as well as 15 feet of clearflex.

When Spiv recieved the shroud he said the construction was good, and that he'd cleaned all my bondo work off and gone down to the raw fiberglass. Spiv RULES, the man of http://www.pc-workshop.net does incredible work.
Goliath: 3.4E@3.91/Abit IC7, Maze4 (temporarily) + custom splitter to crazy 4-way watercooling parallel loop: X800XT @ 520/1280 + AC Twinplex, AC Twinplex Northbridge, Silenstar Dual HDD Cooler, Eheim1250, '85 econoline van HC + 2x120, 1x120 exhaust - polished aluminum frame panaflo L1As, 2x18GB 10K RPM U160 SCSI, 4GB PC4000.

I wanna be BladeRunner when I grow up!

Project Goliath - nearing completion.
starbuck3733t is offline   Reply With Quote