View Single Post
Unread 06-16-2004, 09:07 AM   #9
starbuck3733t
Cooling Savant

All righty, update on integrating the top mesh (albeit a boring one)

I needed some way to have a lot of weight on the mesh to hold the edges in flat against the book under them. spray cans + old text books + distilled water fits the bill.

JB Weld is a lot like peanut butter, easy to work with, sticky, but dries like a damned rock!

The technique this time worked better than when I did the end panels. I bought myself a righteous spreader (only $0.89) and layed down a strip of tape behind the mesh (top of the lid) and another strip of tape about 1cm from the edge of teh mesh, so that stray JBWeld goop wouldn't get into the mesh like it did on the ends. Once I spread the jbweld nicely into the crack along the edge, the tape on the inside (side in the pic) was removed. That left a pretty straight edge! I wish I had thought of it when I did the ends. After the protective tape strip was removed, another strip was added directly over the jbwelded area so that things flatten out nicely. The tape comes off the JBweld really easily.

Next victim please

Name: AOpen AON-325D PCI 10/100 Realtek based nic

The parts I'm interested in. Green LEDs! ICK!

Some technical stuff for my fellow soldermonkeys, or those who wish to mod a $8 blue PCB'd NIC

Some desoldering later (about 5 minutes)

Scuff up a 2600mcd blue LED so that it doesn't project obnoxiously into the rest of the case, but still acts as a NON GREEN indicator

You can barely make out the header I added for NIC ACT led, but you can see the big white blur that is the LED in the previous picture. Flash + Macro = bad Too bad my batteries died shortly after this...

Yup, the link light still works

That's all for now, keep the comments coming!:clap:
Goliath: 3.4E@3.91/Abit IC7, Maze4 (temporarily) + custom splitter to crazy 4-way watercooling parallel loop: X800XT @ 520/1280 + AC Twinplex, AC Twinplex Northbridge, Silenstar Dual HDD Cooler, Eheim1250, '85 econoline van HC + 2x120, 1x120 exhaust - polished aluminum frame panaflo L1As, 2x18GB 10K RPM U160 SCSI, 4GB PC4000.

I wanna be BladeRunner when I grow up!

Project Goliath - nearing completion.
starbuck3733t is offline   Reply With Quote