Thread: Phase Change
View Single Post
Unread 07-31-2002, 03:52 PM   #93
Cooling Neophyte

well I've hooked up my setup to my processor (xp 1800) finally and with the processor at 1992 (12x166) and 2.1v I get about -5c idle and 1-4c full load. This equates to about a 123watt heat load from the cpu. Anyhow I'm pretty happy with how high I was able to clock the cpu. I had tested the cpu with a pretty good air cooling setup and I was able to get 1700 mhz with air so 292 more mhz with this is pretty good I think. I'll probably mess around with things a bit more to see if I can optimize it a bit better.

I'm thinking about possibly connecting the outlet hose to a shroud around the evaporator to force the hot water to go through the evaporator, although it seems like it won't be an easy task making the shroud.

What do ya'll think, would it be worthwhile to force the liquid through the evaporator rather than just letting it swirl around on the back of it? I'm not sure if it will or not since I do have a pretty powerful pump (it makes nice ripples in my reservoir) and I do have the outlet on one side of the evaporator and the pump on the other already.
000 is offline   Reply With Quote