View Single Post
Unread 11-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #3
ben333
Uber Pro/Mods

Default Re: Ben's Hackintosh Build in a G5 PowerMac Case... (Need some input on hardware)

Update: 11/20/10

From my thread on O/C:

Quote:
Well, got my broken laptop's SD reader working with a driver so some more pics:

The powersupply is on some brass standoffs goop'd to a plexi glass sheet. This bolts to the bottom of the case where the original PS attached and will prevent arching from the bottom of the new supply's PCB. The terminal strip (to be used to wire the fans) also was attached with some goop.

As you can see, I'm keeping things pretty original. The partitions and fans and ducts... some people would probably think this was an unhacked G5 just looking in the side. The rear still needs some TLC but I'm feeling pretty good. I repositioned the mobo standoffs and just waiting for the JB weld to cure holding them to the tray in their new positions.

Here's some things my mod will have that others don't, the WORKING cooling system. All the original fans with their sections to get the proper air ducting and flow. A fan for the drives, a blower for the motherboard backside, CPU fans, a fan for the GPU / PCI area, etc. The plastic door will function as a shroud like it should Very happy with the board I picked as it fits great.
Original Post

Last edited by ben333; 03-02-2011 at 09:04 PM.
ben333 is offline   Reply With Quote