View Single Post
Unread 03-21-2006, 12:45 AM   #12
Brians256
Pro/Staff

Default Re: San Diego 3GHz 1,5V temps too high?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricecrispi
Expert runs cheap ram with 4x512mb fine. They add more resistors and voltage reg and moved the RAM slots.
Do you have to increase the voltage to compensate, I wonder? Impedance matching for transmission lines is a wierd subject.

Quote:
Changed the chipset location that used to be right under Vid card. Hot air from vid card was directly vented into chipset. 35C-45C air pumped right into that chipset and that fan failed repeated because it is overworked.Expert moved it to better location
All right! This is one of my biggest beefs.

Quote:
===============================
I got hyped up on DFI by anandtechs article on it. I got my DFI in spring 05 when no one bandwagoned yet. Took me like 2-3 days to uninstall and install basic drivers and windows dozens of times just to run the board. Board had Bio ram quirks from the start. Been through 7 Bios. They didn't have support forum established for people to complain yet like now. DFI-street was empty. Now they got stickies on everything to do that are pages long.

I've gotten over my DFI craze after two boards. One died from volting clock ram 3.7V and not enough cooling around the 4V jumper. I had 120mm fans on the ram but not over that little chip in the corner and board died. Current one is going through 2 day CMOS clear. I doubt it will make it out and I will RMA it.
Do you have a preference for other mfg of 939 mobo now, then? I like performanc e like everyone here, but I'm getting into things like number of PWM headers on the mobo and passive and/or quiet mobo cooling like the heatpipe tech used for chipset cooling.

P.S. Sorry for thread hijacking.
Brians256 is offline   Reply With Quote