View Single Post
Unread 11-29-2002, 09:16 AM   #15
LiquidRulez
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by Puzzdre
What thickness of the copper will there be? You'll have lots of troubles dremelling the center piece in such a small area without damaging the 'wall' created with drill press. The diameter of the dremel discs won't let you cut deep enough. :shrug:

Cheers!
Here's another idea that I used when i was making blocks with a drill press.......................
I bought a carbide cutter made by dremel(my Walmart here carries them). after drilling all of the holes,I put the carbide cutter in the chuck off the drill press and put the block that I want to cut in a vise(mine came with a little cheapo 3" vise), then I moved the adjustable table up to match the end of the cutter with the depth of the predrilled holes and locked it,turned on the drill press on and carefully moved the vise on the adjustable table with block inside of it, and cut the areas that I needed to cut in order to join the holes together.
Its kind of hard to do somewhat(but with alittle practice you can almost attain a mill finish in your channels. and if youve got alot of holes to join, your wrists will kill you the next day, but it works. I even used this method to finish the outside diameter of the channels and it turned out pretty well.
LiquidRulez is offline   Reply With Quote