View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2004, 06:44 PM   #28
feathers
Cooling Neophyte

Thanks for the comments, BigBen.

Constructive criticism is always appreciated. Your comments will certainly result in a few changes and additions to the Icetec website.

"but it is if you offer related products" - What products?

Re: condensation.. We've probably gone to the other extreme on the Icetek site of making it all seem as the there are no real risks (I suspect this is the result of a strong desire to redress the balance and to show people that peltier cooling isn't as difficult or risky as they were led to believe). I will add a piece on the dangers of water and even condensation to some extent. What I won't do is tell people that the slightest air-leak resulting in condensation will destroy their PC (as others have done). This is simply not our experience of minor condensation (nor of our customers). If customers follow the same steps we outline in our tutorial section then they should get a pretty good insulative seal.

The conformal coating is a good idea and it will certainly be added to our shop (as well as recommended to customers).

I followed the links for the jet waterblock. Very interesting. I've also bookmarked the link to the website and I will be reading up on it tomorrow (later today).

Thanks!

Raf Baker.
feathers is offline   Reply With Quote