View Single Post
Unread 05-21-2004, 02:35 AM   #51
HAL-9000
Cooling Savant

Default I didn't read all of this thread...

I didn't read all of this previous thread, started only a page back. I get the picture. As far as the OCAU thread, from my experience there you do have to register to view the forums. I erased my cookies etc. and it just wants me to register. I will someday...not in the mood to fill out forms right now though.

From the description of your block idea it sounds like a sun-of-a-b to make. Micro-miniature holed channels on the scale your talking (syringe needle?) sounds difficult to say the least. Perhaps there could be a more unorthodox way of doing it, but from what my mind has led me to that way, you would have to be able to melt the thing while performing the process.

However, I have come across a couple of pages from folks out there who have made some home made lasers, with extremely tight beams. A pulsed power Nd-YAG laser with a very tight beam (.25mm) could slowly blow holes akin to your channels in the block, quite precisely. You would need to set up a precise mechanical guide (like a tiny jig) and such to do it...I was thinking. Nd-YAG is also efficient if you get/build the LED diode pumped versions, and your app wouldn't be particularly high power. And Nd lasers beam in the right wavelength for that kind of work. It would take awhile per block, and it would be unorthodox obviously, but you seem to be that kind of a guy. Just a thought.

Anyhoo, whats the dark history you allude to with Silverprop?
HAL-9000 is offline   Reply With Quote