View Single Post
Unread 05-25-2004, 02:51 PM   #77
wijdeveld
Cooling Neophyte

Ah well, strained or not; the model predicted the impact of flow behavior through the waterchill block within 0.5 oC from 0.1 to 10 times the reference flow (which is 109 l/hour and not the maximum stated Hydor L20 flow of 700 l/hour, also correctly predicted by the model) and was right on spot in predicting the effect of a R404a filling at different loads for the Vapochill SE almost a year before it came on the market (only the vapor properties were changed and no new calibration was made).

But no need to trust a model, I don't trust any model myself, only the (in)capability of the modeler .

It was/is usefull to describe a lot of proceses going on inside a cooling setup but I'm currently at the limit of this particular model since it doesn't include bed roughness, eddies&turbulance and non hydrostatic pressure impulses. So, looking at heat dissipation will require a new model setup, but I'm working on it .

By the way, the curving of the model is right since it is a finite element model, meaning that the dC/dX slope is dependant on different conditions for each element.

P.S. in post #60 from this thread the spreading was modelled in a 2-D (y-z slice with fixed x coordinates) model.

Last edited by wijdeveld; 05-25-2004 at 03:06 PM.
wijdeveld is offline   Reply With Quote