View Single Post
Unread 05-28-2004, 05:02 AM   #95
wijdeveld
Cooling Neophyte

Hi, I'll follow up with some new results soon (they're running right now ).
In the second graph I've removed 12% of the connecting segments between the IHS and copper block; this results in a much more restricted heat flow from the die to the cooling medium (and therefore you need a higher dC/dx to get the same net flux).

CPU power output is simulated by the production of the compound HEAT. The heat concentration can be translated to a temperature. I've calibrated the production term one time against a know delta T versus load (it helps if Asetek provides the necessary data ) and from there I'm able to apply different loads myself. The model can only be considered adequate if the calculated load/temperature relation corresponds rather well without further tinkering in the settings.

Ah well, water of phase change cooling doesn't matter that much here since I assume perfect (instant) evaporator behavior and heat dissipation. You'll get a different inlet/outlet delta T and differences in the mixing behavior of the cooling medium. But for comparing the TIM effect this doesn't matter.
wijdeveld is offline   Reply With Quote