View Single Post
Unread 02-16-2005, 06:18 PM   #41
joesgarage11
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
killernoodle writes:I'm using an ED-28 lamp that has yet to come in the mail. It is a pulse start too, so it is better than a regular MH. So far, many projectors have been built and none of them have lamp overheating problems. If you look at the first page, you will see that i have already taken care of the cooling situation
So the cooltube is a nogo. Pulse start is good. Better color rendering and faster starting.

I can't tell from the picture-is it an open fixture lamp? How are you coming on the box to mount it in?

I'm looking forward to the rest of your build. I think the cooling will be a challenge if you're going for quiet operation. Youll be moving something like 450 watts of heat out of approximately a 27 liter box, about the size of a mid tower computer case.

The reflector is still bothering me, so it's time for an experiment. I gathered a 150W metal halide lamp and ballast, a parabolic reflector, a sheet of white plastic, and the only spherical reflector I have-a dog bowl. Just need to borrow a light meter from work tomorrow. I'd like to see which reflector generates the most light on a 15" x 15" square.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mhtest.jpg (36.6 KB, 23 views)