Thread: Closet cooling?
View Single Post
Unread 03-24-2006, 03:45 PM   #3
captainfepa
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: Closet cooling?

Agreed, get77, that there are quiet bathroom fans... but they are just an order of magnitude too big for what I see as needed. The grilles generally look better in the ceiling than in a wall; they are intended to be vented so they are generally made with fancy trim inside (that would be inside the closet!) leaving you still to arrange some acceptable grille for the exhaust if just running through a closet wall; and they are relatively huge. I have seen very unobtrusive doorbell chimes that mount in a small box that recesses into drywall - I certainly don't want anything bigger. I'd like something that will easily and cheaply fit into the closet wall, either in the very few inches between headers just above the door, or beside it. I really have not seem anything as small and inconspicuous as I would like, and I cannot see any reason that it should not be as cheap and easy to make, to sell, and to use as I have suggested. And now that closets are being impressed so extensively into service as housings for central security and cable apparatus, home theater and lighting controls, and network distribution and NAS items, I would think this would sell well if cheap enough. So this is my little crusade of the month. But then, April is galloping near, isn't it?
captainfepa is offline   Reply With Quote