View Single Post
Unread 03-19-2005, 08:43 AM   #91
Dave
Cooling Savant

Max, not sure if I can say this but I am on short time anyways

We have a plastic threaded case, and several of our testers had problems with metal fittings, with one person even splitting the case. It would require a larger case to overcome this problem. We could not use a stronger plastic as it would not flow properly in our mold. We discussed this with several of our main dealers, and determined this case was not a good idea with NPT fittings. They also noted current case apperance over this test model.

I have never seen any kind of pitting on a Mark II, only on some early Mark I blue models, which where processed by another anodizing contractor. From what I know about anodizing, it is not a perfect process as you suggest, but I also understand Anolok results in much less problems. You should be aware plastic is not a perfect process either, alot can go wrong during production, trust me I know

I understand bard plastic cases are on the way, thanks to a recent OEM order.
I do not know when so please do not email me. We are really swamped with OEM, industrial, and parent company orders. The mag and 750 are being used in at least 10 new consumer products I know, and likely many more I do not know about. I am currently collecting permissions to post links to these products on C-Systems site.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote