View Single Post
Unread 11-29-2002, 03:21 PM   #165
Cathar
Thermophile

Quote:
Originally posted by UnloadeD
Interesting thread and very nice block. One thing about the design has me curious. I'm sure the top o-ring prevents leaks, but does it prevent "cross-talk"? Have you considered isolating the 3 holes? I was wondering about o-rings like such:

PS: have you ever setup one of these blocks with 3/8" inlet and 1/4" outlets? I'd be curious how it would do like that. Your results with low flow seem to indicate it would still do pretty good with this configuration and a lot of us are still using 3/8" setups.
Hi Unloaded,

This question has been asked before and I'll answer it with an picture:

As you can see, there is no gap between the middle and top plates, or if there is one, it is minute in comparison to the size of the micro-channels which can be seen in the lower part of the picture. If there is "cross-talk" it would be miniscule in comparison to the flow through the block proper.

I do supply fittings for 3/8" systems and have already sold a few blocks in this configuration. I haven't specifically tested a 3/8" setup myself but have heard no complaints so I assume they're doing the job. I could do a 1/4" config too if someone desired that, it's no real issue since I fit the barbs on just before the block is packaged and sent.
Cathar is offline   Reply With Quote