View Single Post
Unread 02-19-2003, 07:09 PM   #103
hydrogen18
Cooling Savant

i havent read the whole thread(i read the first 2 pages) but here is my opinion.

A) where I live, theres a good chance you would be heating the water 70% of the time by using an external radiator. My pc will not function without phase change cooling. It is simply too hot.

B) DO NOT LET THAT PUMP RUN DRY. It will burn up very quickly.

C) I dont think a well pump is meant for this. Its simply not what it was meant for. A well pump was meant to run without massive backpressure(caused by radiators, and especially waterblocks).

D) Refer to A. Ever thought about the fact that this wouldnt work in most parts of the world year round?

E) How much is this going to cost?

F) PVC is really cheap here. I can get 8 inch diameter at 8 ft for $15 here.

G) You cannot use anything but tap water in a bong. Remeber, it will be evaporating, and if it is indoors, water wetter/uv dye/antifreeze fumes wouldnt be good. The government is likely to come knocking on your door if you are found to be dumping large amounts of fumes like this outside.

H) Running tap water in a wcing system is BAD idea. Corrosion, algae growth, and other stuff you dont want. You will need to build a heat exchanger(basically a coil of pipe submerge in thermally conductive material, and the pipe connected to the water passing through the bong, and another coil of pipe in the same thermally conductive material with the coolant for the pcs in it).
hydrogen18 is offline   Reply With Quote