View Single Post
Unread 02-20-2003, 11:06 AM   #114
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally posted by FuzzyFace
When I lived on Property with a well the pump was in the well 300 feet down in the ground.
I grew up in the sticks, Everyone I know up there including all my family have wells. Pump sits in the well house and a pipe is dropped down to the water. From there the water is pumped into a holding tank and then distributed to where it needs to go.

Same for irrigation systems on the farms up there. The build a little building over a spot on the river and drop a pipe down to the water, or they rig up a movable pump on wheels so it can be pulled up when the water gets high or dropped back down when the water gets low. Pipe always goes to the water. Would be kinda dump to drop a pump down 300ft in to the well and then the well fill up over the pump ah? Not saying this isn't done, but it isn't an option where I grew up. Well water levels rise and drop to much up there.

I guess it may depend on the situation? Non the less it is irrelevant here. Either way the pump needs some good head pressure to either suck the water up the pipe OR push the water up the pipe.

Ahhh back to work...
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote