View Single Post
Unread 06-16-2004, 09:29 AM   #41
starbuck3733t
Cooling Savant

Thanks for all the compliments again... I have to figure out something with the pump eventually. It will probalby just get wrapped in sound isolation foam, though.

My radeon 9800 pro (sapphire, black PCB OEM version!!!) got here on monday. I just got the waterblock on it tonite. Sweeeet. Here are the details.

Yes, I was so excited that I didn't even shoot a pic before testing it out w\ the fan, uninstalling it, and removing the fan. Diehard!

Now sapphire calls this a thermal paste install? No wonder it got so darn hot! (bad contact)

Ahh, claned up, that's more like it.

Mounting studs. Dangerden shorted me on nylon washers (or maybe I just didn't need htem on both sides of the board. Better safe than sorry, so I used electrical tape on the compoennt side.

Studs on the backside of the card.

Closeup of backside studs, the white thing is a plastic washer.

A few minutes later, some AS3, and some thumb screw tigthening later, she's installed.
Goliath: 3.4E@3.91/Abit IC7, Maze4 (temporarily) + custom splitter to crazy 4-way watercooling parallel loop: X800XT @ 520/1280 + AC Twinplex, AC Twinplex Northbridge, Silenstar Dual HDD Cooler, Eheim1250, '85 econoline van HC + 2x120, 1x120 exhaust - polished aluminum frame panaflo L1As, 2x18GB 10K RPM U160 SCSI, 4GB PC4000.

I wanna be BladeRunner when I grow up!

Project Goliath - nearing completion.
starbuck3733t is offline   Reply With Quote