View Single Post
Unread 06-16-2004, 09:31 AM   #45
starbuck3733t
Cooling Savant

Since I got my SilentStar Dual HDD block for Goliath from Infidel (aka Pug) at Wizard Designs I've had to do some serious reworkings of goliath, including ditching my home-made reservior to get a bit more breathing room in the case. My eheim 1250 is a bit big. Anyway, I did a drain and complete retube of the system on tuesday, which was a huge pain in the ass without a reservior. So, I ordered a round reservior from DangerDen, and did the 2 day shipping option because it was only like $3 more than the standard ground. I'm also stuck on my P166 laptop until goliath gets put back togetehr. I don't dare fire it up, even with the system bled, because the silentstar's fittings leaked a bit and may have wet my HDDs. I can't take the silent star apart w\o draining the system and disassembling the fittings for it, so i'll wait till the res gets here!

Anyway... to my point (blah blah blah): I payed dangerden w\ paypal. for some reason it didn't do an instant transfer like it always has before, it did a e-check. The e-check said uncleared and wasn't going to clear until the 24th! I needed the part YESTERDAY so I called them up, explained the situation and that they could send the cops after me if it didn't clear, and they said they'd ship it out today.

now that's customer service! (No offense to pug, at all). He's still better than them since I'm talking with the OWNER of the biz, not a rep. He says it'll happen, and it does! Since I'm in the US the dangerden route was faster to take than getting an aquatube, and cheaper since I'm slightly strapped for now... I just want to get back to playing far cry!
Goliath: 3.4E@3.91/Abit IC7, Maze4 (temporarily) + custom splitter to crazy 4-way watercooling parallel loop: X800XT @ 520/1280 + AC Twinplex, AC Twinplex Northbridge, Silenstar Dual HDD Cooler, Eheim1250, '85 econoline van HC + 2x120, 1x120 exhaust - polished aluminum frame panaflo L1As, 2x18GB 10K RPM U160 SCSI, 4GB PC4000.

I wanna be BladeRunner when I grow up!

Project Goliath - nearing completion.
starbuck3733t is offline   Reply With Quote