View Single Post
Unread 06-01-2004, 07:52 PM   #23
BalefireX
Cooling Savant

Reading the "I h8 Procooling!!!11!" thread I had a thought of something that might help the review process here. I'm referring particularly to Holst's comments where he says that the kind of roundup Procooling does is "fairly pointless" because it is difficult to decipher.

I hadn't noticed that, probably because I have the ability to interpret a graph, but when I went back and looked over a couple procooling reviews, I realized that if you didn't understand some of the watercooling concepts that we consider basic (for example: waterblock A might perform better than waterblock B in system X, but in system Y it might be the other way around) the graphs would be meaningless and someone new to WCing could be confused and therefore turned off. Sites of lesser repute show temperatures, incorrect as they may be, and to the "newbie" those are easier to interpret and apply (again incorrectly) to their own setup as presumed results.

I think that a quick paragraph added into all new reviews explaining how the relationship between DeltaT and Flow rate is important and how to interpret the graphs could help a greater number of people understand and benefit from the reviews.