View Single Post
Unread 10-16-2002, 06:14 AM   #9
Volenti
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by MadDogMe
I see what you mean about letting 'the water get out of the way' now, the space behind the outlets lets water 'rise'. Is the outlet flush with the block 'top inside'?, I can't make it out from the pics fuzziness ...
yea it's flush as well as having fluted edges.

Quote:
How far above water ambient is the CPU temp?, do you think increasing the surface area of the core will help lower temps?. what do you think about the feasability of AS epoxying 'fins' straight onto the core?, or making a micro thin(thiner than a block would support) plate with fins on to stick to the core if the first is'nt 'do~able'? ...
according to the in-die diode it's ~10 degrees (c) over the water temp, but I have no way of knowing how accurate that is.

as for trying to increase the surface area of the core like you said, well i dunno how effective it would be, since the whole point of going direct die in the first place is to avoid having TIM layers between the water and core. You could possibly use a dremel with a fine engraving bit to score the surface of the core, if you're feeling particulary brave