View Single Post
Unread 11-16-2004, 05:20 PM   #161
dacooltech
Pro/Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathar
Sorry Bruce,

When you said "better", and then threw in a reference to RD30 (in response to alexwai), I thought you meant better as in stronger.

I totally agree. 50PX-Z is only good in terms of its pumping characteristics. Size-wise it is large, and at 24v not as ideal as 12v.

If there's a well priced, small sized 12v pump with the power & pumping charactersitics of the 50PX-Z, then that would obviously be "better".

Would love to see the specs of the pump to which you refer.
Actually I'm sorry Stew,

I wasn't specific enough.
The pump that we might start carrying is a high pressure rated, sealless mag drive pump (just like the AQX-50Z), rated @ max head=29ft (9m), Max flow= 2.2GPM (8L/min), Output x Input (W)= 18 x 30

Size:
W: 2.91" (74mm)
H: 3.54" (90mm)
L: 3.94" (100)

I think this pump will do the 3.5 m @ 6L that you mentioned almost exactly.
The manufacturer told me that they made slight improvements to this particular model, so I'm waiting for the updated specs from them. Once I receive the most current specs, and PQ curves, I'm going to fwd them to you.

The max flow is under 13 L but we would not operate at this point in
our application, are we?

Now I said we might start carrying, because we're still negotioating the price with the manufacturer.

But it is smaller than the 50PX-Z, and will still be cheaper .
Meaning I think the 12V DC version fo the 50PX-Z is around $300
I think this pump can be offered @ half that price... which is also much cheaper than the Iwaki RD-05H

But if the price is not right, and if it's going to be close to the $200 range, then putting 2x AQX-50Z pumps in series makes more sense IMHO.

The other versions have almost the same specs as the RD-20 and RD-30 but available in 12V DC.